Happy Valentines Day everyone!
I’m finally home from upstate New York. Ironically, we have more snow on the ground down here in New England than up in Syracuse (the snowiest city in the US!). And we’re supposed to get more this weekend. BUT LET’S NOT TALK ABOUT THAT.
In honor of Valentine’s Day, the Friday Five Link-Up this week (hosted by Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run, and You Signed Up For What?) is about love. But hey, don’t worry – I’m not going to get too sappy! Instead, I thought I would share 5 things I’m currently loving.
1. Born to Run by Christopher McDougall. My mom had recommended this book a few months ago, and I finally got around to reading it, and she wasn’t kidding!
You might be thinking that a book all about running would have to be pretty dry and kind of boring, but in this case, you’d be wrong! It reads like part memoir, part adventure novel, and I’ve found myself totally addicted to it.
2. How Stuff Works podcasts. I love listening to podcasts when I’m traveling, and I listened to a bunch of these during the long bus rides to and from upstate New York this week.
3. Watching Brady play in the snow. He’s such a total goofball, and he doesn’t mind one bit that the snow is probably a good 3 feet over his head. Lately, he’s been reminding me of Sven the reindeer from the movie Frozen. See the resemblance?
4. The Bachelor. The season is really heating up, and I’m so excited that it’s going to be on 2 nights this week instead of just one! I was very happy to see a couple of particularly crazy girls go home in last week’s episode. Also, if you’re a bachelor fan, I seriously recommend you check out Bachelor Burn Book on Twitter. They live-tweet every episode and it’s hilarious.
5. My boyfriend – happy Valentine’s Day Ian!!