I’m so glad it’s finally here. Today’s Friday Five Link-up topic (hosted by Courtney of Eat Pray Run DC, Mar of Mar on the Run, and Cynthia of You Signed Up For What?) is A Day in the Life. This topic is actually the perfect post for me, because my routine has changed dramatically this week.
This past week was my first week of doing post-grad, ‘real world’ things because I started my internship in Boston with an event planning company. The company puts on races (!!) and other special events, and we’re working on something BIG right now, but I’m going to be all secretive and not tell you what it is (until after it happens at least). So, here’s a sneak peek into my life 3 days a week right now-
1. Alarm goes off at 5:34. I added the little emojis hoping to trick my brain into being excited about being awake so early, but so far it’s not working too well.
2. By 6:30, I’m on my way to the train station. My brain still doesn’t understand what’s going on. All it knows is that it wants more caffeine, but I’m worried about having to go to the bathroom, and I don’t have time for that, because in an hour…
3. It’s time to battle through the rush-hour traffic of the subway system. This part is definitely the most stressful, although I’m getting pretty good at navigating the Boston subways, which I never had to do before.
4. I finally make it to my building (assuming all goes well on the subway and train). The building is really beautiful, and it’s exciting to work in such a cool environment. It also has an Au Bon Pain so I can finally get more coffee and satisfy my caffeine cravings.
5. In the afternoon, I do it all over again, in reverse. Typically, I make it home around 7 and I’m hungry and tired. So, that’s why I’ve been a little MIA from the blog this week and didn’t have time to write a real recap of my first yoga class (Bloggers out there with full-time jobs – How the heck do you find the time to blog regularly???). Maybe I’ll get around to a recap of my second class after Monday. But no promises. 😉
So, it’s a long few days, but I’m really excited about the company and the professional experience I’m getting, so it’s all good. 🙂
Have a great weekend! Seriously – does anyone have tips on blogging when you have a crazy-full schedule?