I’m so excited for this weekend – I’ve got a fun St. Patty’s Day race (the Nutty Irish 5K Cocoa Run) and some birthday celebrating to do!! 🙂 My birthday was this past week, but I was working that day so the festivities were somewhat limited.
This week’s topic: Spring! Apart from one glorious, random day last week where the temps got into the high 50s, it hasn’t been feeling very spring-like. But hopefully that will turn around soon. And when that finally does happen, these will be some of the things I’ll be enjoying-
1. There are more races to run. Living in New England, the winter weather makes road races pretty darn near impossible. And of course, this past winter actually BROKE the record for snowfall in Boston. But now that the temps are finally starting to warm up, there will be races popping up all over the place and I’m ready to run them all.
2. Not having to bundle up in approximately 1,798 different layers of running apparel. I am so ready to throw on shorts and a t-shirt and hop out for a run. Those days still feel like a distant dream right now…
Bring on shorts and sunglasses weather!!
3. Being able to go on trail runs! Since reading Born to Run, I’ve been itching to get off the road. I took Brady for a walk down some trails this past weekend, and they are still COATED with ice (it was a miracle I didn’t fall). Trail running is always beautiful, and such a nice change of pace, and I am seriously longing for those days that are *hopefully* in the near future.
4. Graduating! While I technically graduated in December, I’ll be heading back to school this May to walk in my graduation. I actually got my diploma in the mail just this week, and they spelled my name right and everything so I think that makes it official. 😉 I’m so psyched to head back in a couple months to see all my friends again and finally celebrate together.
5. Spring means summer is coming! This might not really qualify as a “favorite thing about spring”, but it’s the truth. I love the warm weather and long, sunny days and spring is the first sign that the dog days of summer are on their way!!
Have an AWESOME weekend! Check back early next week for a full recap of the Nutty Irish 5K Cocoa Run 🙂
Are you excited for Spring? What are you looking forward to?