Good morning and happy weekend!
I hope you all have some fun Easter plans ahead of you this weekend. I’ll be spending Sunday morning getting my long run done (8 miles this week!), and then visiting family. After a week that felt pretty long, I’m pumped. 🙂
Now before you get yourself all confused over this post title, let me tell you – NO, this blog is not turning into a dating website. That would be weird. I was just thinking the other day about all the cool things about runners, and the reasons why you
might definitely want to date a runner (rather than a different type of athlete). The running community is pretty darn awesome for a number of reasons, so without further ado here’s why you should date a runner-
2. Most sports teams will end games with a high-five or handshake and then each team goes their respective way. Runners stick around and actually party with each other afterwards. They’ll drink beers, eat good food, and commiserate over a hilly course. And it doesn’t matter one bit who crossed the finish line faster.
3.We can be competitive, but usually it’s with ourselves. Only one runner can win the race, but every runner can beat their own previous time, and that always feels like a victory.
4.Runners can pull off spandex better than a WHOLE LOT of other athletes. Think about it – do you really want to see a 300-pound linebacker in one of those little football tops and those super tight pants? I think not.
5. Yeah, our shoes might get a little sweaty (and smelly). But at least we don’t have a huge pile of shinguards/shoulder pads/helmets sitting in the mudroom, stinking up the whole house.
6. Runners ALWAYS carry snacks. It’s part of the refueling regimen. And we might just share if you ask nicely.
9. You’ll always know what to get a runner for birthdays and holidays. Any sort of running paraphernalia will be greatly appreciated and put to good use.
10. If we get a race T-shirt that doesn’t fit, we’ll give it to our friends, family, or significant other. And WHO DOESN’T WANT A FREE T-SHIRT?!
Have a wonderful Easter weekend! Anyone else running this weekend? Can you think of any other reasons to date runners?