I feel like I’ve been writing a ton of workout and race recap posts on the blog lately, and I just felt like doing something a little different today. I have to admit – even I get bored talking about mile splits and cross-training routines sometimes! Variety is the spice of life after all, right? Don’t worry, the race recaps aren’t goin’ anywhere (this is a running blog after all!), but today I figured I would just share some of the random stuff that’s been on my mind lately.
- I am obsessed with nail polish. As you might be able to tell from My Instagram –
I’ve been slowly accumulating a diverse collection of colors – Mostly the no-light gel ones because they really do last longer than regular polish, which I have a tendency to chip in the span of 3 hours. For a big race (like Delaware), I love getting them done. It just adds to that feeling of it being extra special! And it makes me run faster obviously.
- Currently, I’m in the process of losing not one, not two, but THREE different toenails from aforementioned big race.
Fortunately, I work in an office with a lot of very athletic/runner-type people, who are weirdly fascinated by the state of my toenails. I’m curious though – to the runners out there who are running marathons really close together, what do you do to fight toenail issues??
- The whole “Fueled by Coffee” tagline on my blog really isn’t a joke. Between the two of us, my mom and I drink enough coffee to single-handedly support the economy of a small South American country.
- I am in love with this flavor of Clif Bar.
- This one is really no secret to the blog, but I LOVE the whole Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise and I am so psyched it’s finally back! Mondays are finally exciting again!
- Did you know it was Global Running Day on Wednesday? I celebrated with a really quick 2 miler, and I loved seeing everyone’s posts about it on Instagram and Twitter. So many happy runners out there! I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that Global Running Day is followed so promptly by National Donut Day.
Hope you all had a great week! Enjoy the free donuts out there today! My mom and I have a 5K coming up this weekend so check in next week for a recap. 🙂